Sales Manager, Automotive
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what’s nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to grow its Autos business. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for sellers across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers.
You should be able to lead and motivate a sales team to achieve specific goals. You will communicate deadlines and sales goals to leadership.
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
- While always placing the customer first, lead the team to Drive Results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
- Support development of territory plans and report on them monthly
- Lead and inspire a growing organization comprised of Inside Account Executives focused on customer acquisition
- Hire and develop Account Executives and possibly leaders to support continued aggressive growth
- Understand and mechanize the inputs and outputs of the business
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
- Partner with Sales Operations, Product, and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Verified Dealers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification.
- Present results in weekly and monthly Business Review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
- 3-5+ years sales management and/or operations experience, including front line or second level leadership roles
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- In-depth understanding of the sales process
- Strong team management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
Nice to Have:
- Ad sales, SMB, Startup experience
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- Knowledge of Automotive Dealerships