Sales Manager (@Remote)
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to grow its Motors business. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for sellers across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers.
You should be able to lead and motivate a sales team to achieve specific team quotas and input goals. You will communicate progress, performance updates, and forecasts to leadership, as well as take part in quota-setting, quarterly planning sessions, and monthly business reviews.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, Florida, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
- While always placing the customer first, lead the team to Drive Results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
- Support development of business deal reviews and report on them monthly
- Lead and inspire a growing inside sales organization, comprised of 8-10 Account Executives focused on customer acquisition
- Hire and develop Account Executives and possibly leaders to support continued aggressive growth
- Understand and mechanize the inputs and outputs of the business
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
- Partner with Sales Operations, Product, and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Verified Dealers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification.
- Present results in weekly and monthly Business Review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- 5+ years sales management and/or operations experience, including front line or second level leadership roles
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- In-depth understanding of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Strong team management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Track record of hiring and developing a team
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Ability to lead a team through change management and adapt quickly in ambiguous situations
Helpful, but not required
- Motor sales, SMB, Startup experience
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of Google Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- Knowledge of Automotive Dealerships
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.