Senior Business Development and Vendor Manager (@Hybrid, Bellevue)
OfferUp is seeking a Senior Business Development and Vendor Manager to manage the negotiation and management of our external technology vendors and strategic partners. This role is pivotal in supporting strategic enterprise initiatives with leading technology and solutions providers and partners.
As an OfferUp business development team member, you will own key partnerships and strategic alliances that drive OfferUp’s interests with partners and vendors alike. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and efficiently negotiating, launching, and managing deal terms with vendors across different technologies and services. Internally, you will work with functions that cut across the organization including Engineering, Product, Legal, HR, Finance, and Customer Service to deliver the right technology solutions under optimal terms.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a strategic mindset focusing on long-term benefits for OfferUp, strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate. The role will require expertise both in working with senior-level leadership at our partners and vendors and internal and external team project management.
This role is designated @Hybrid and is required to be in the Bellevue, Washington office 1-2 days a week.
- Support the Product and Engineering roadmaps, navigating (with underlying business owners) existing and prospective vendors to identify what services and tools will best serve OfferUp’s needs.
- Source new technology partners and vendors, assisting in the vetting of prospective solutions to successful implementations.
- Structure the procurement and vendor management process to scale up operations from yourself to a high-performing process that all constituent stakeholders participate in.
- Evaluate and engage partners for strategic growth opportunities identified by the Company.
- Manage existing and future vendors and strategic partners to ensure successful technical integrations and business partnerships.
This role reports to the VP of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships is based in Bellevue, WA, and requires up to 10% domestic travel (when safe to do so).
What you will do:
- Identify, negotiate with, and manage new vendors and partners for OfferUp.
- Manage existing merchant partnerships and identify new segments by becoming an expert in our constituent groups’ strategy/needs.
- Contribute to the business development team strategy and process.
- Negotiate long-term, strategic deal terms and create simplified solutions for integration of partner and merchant services or technology on the OfferUp marketplace.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Research, and Business teams to ensure the needs of all constituents are reflected in vendor and partner agreements.
- Lead, track, and report on all vendor management activity and results.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7 or more years of Vendor Management and/or Business Development with a tech company.
- Self-starter, competitive, optimistic, confident, and team player.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with VP-level executives.
- Experience in online/web technologies and SaaS ecosystem (platforms, products, and services).
- Ability to establish credibility and work with business and technical owners.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.