Sr. Digital Advertising Account Executive
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Account Executive and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful Pre-IPO startups? OfferUp is seeking a Sr. Display Advertising Account Executive who is passionate about joining an emerging inside sales team in the advertising space. This is a newly-formed team whose focus is to prospect and grow ad sales within designated regions and industries across the US. You will be responsible for generating leads/prospects through warm and cold calling and taking them through the sales cycle to the close. As we build and scale this team, you will contribute to the growth through feedback for our trainers, as well as our product and engineering teams based on your experience with our products and voice of the customer inputs. You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success hitting quota, annual goals and weekly KPIs/inputs. Past experience in advertising sales required. (All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
Here’s more of what you will get to do
- 120 combined dials + minutes (telephone or zoom) per day in order to secure new ads business
- Grow revenue base from scratch, by identifying and closing new business from cold calling (some warm leads from marketing will be available as well)
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Businesses
- Research and prospect new customers in targeted territories
- Discover the path to successfully selling to a variety of businesses (from Owner-Operated to franchises)
- Support the onboarding of new customers and provide support for customer issue resolution when necessary
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Demonstrated track record of selling high $ marketing/advertising services over the phone
- Experience in a short sell cycle is highly preferred – the ability to one-call close experience
- 4+ years’ digital ad sales experience
- Competitive drive, optimism and confidence
- Demonstrated proficiency in prospecting and hunting for new clients
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for the long-term
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating, and executing strategic business agreements
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing growing environment, adapting on the fly to new business requirements and challenges
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Helpful, but not required:
- Spanish-speaking a big plus
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.