Contract Specialist, Trust & Safety – (@Remote)
About the role:
We’re seeking to add moderation specialists to help keep our marketplace safe. Moderation specialists will work directly with the Trust and Safety Operations team in a support role with a dedicated focus on seeking and identifying scam/spam items and accounts in an effort to have the most trustworthy marketplace.
This role is open to highly-motivated individuals who are willing to work hard and get up to speed quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, Texas.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge and understanding of common scam/spam types.
- Conduct targeted searches to identify Scam/Spam item listings and Accounts and moderate according to internal guidelines.
- Work closely with the Trust and Safety Operations Team to gain an understanding of trends and events that are impacting scam/spam listings and accounts.
- Effectively communicate new observations and findings to the Trust and Safety Operations team.
- Support the Trust and Safety Operations team during escalated incidents.
- Dive deep to Identify and present observed trends related to scam/spam listings.
- Gather Data sets of Accounts and Items to support the efforts of the Trust and Safety Operations team and/or Data Science team to help maintain and improve automation performance.
Qualifications & Requirements: All OfferUp personnel is required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze data, find patterns, draw valid conclusions, and make accurate decisions with little guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with the ability to switch gears quickly.
- Instinctive curiosity and desire to dig deeper into details.
- Good communication, verbal, and writing skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Proficiency with office systems such as Google Suites and Slack.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and varying shifts occasionally, when required.
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with content review and moderation
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Investigations experience a plus
- SQL experience is a plus
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.