Sr. Manager – Trust & Safety Analytics (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is rapidly growing our Trust and Safety team in the Greater Seattle area and are seeking a dedicated, hardworking Senior Manager, Risk Analytics leader with experience fighting abuse at scale.
Risk analytics at OfferUp is fast-paced, high-energy, and forward thinking in identifying and diagnosing emerging fraud and disrupting risk and loss before they can happen. We conduct thorough analyses of complex data sets that inform development and optimization of multiple layers of rules, models, and other processes to prevent unwanted activity on our marketplace.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Operations, the Sr. Manager of Risk Analytics leads and develops a talented team of risk analysts, providing guidance and subject matter expertise for building models, automated decision strategies, deep-dive analysis, trend monitoring and anomaly detection, and accurate reporting. The Sr. Manager represents the team at all levels of the organization, advising and collaborating with Executives, Business Operations, Product Management, Engineering, Legal and Customer Support and others on data-driven feature and engineering initiative prioritization.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Work with leaders throughout the organization to establish and drive toward OfferUp’s mission to be the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace.
- Ensure development of timely and accurate reporting to measure key performance indicators; present analyses and findings to management to steer and facilitate the risk team’s strategic vision.
- Champion data-driven decision making throughout the organization; guide the analytics team to effectively produce and communicate clear, actionable findings that help the entire organization focus on features that have the most impact.
- Support, develop and mentor a growing analytics team in achieving interpretive, technical, and communication excellence.
- Be deeply involved in understanding and operationalizing risk controls for new product and market launches.Help drive the team’s impact and communicate it effectively.
- Roll up your sleeves to help develop, augment and validate fraud & risk identification and prevention solutions.
- Collaborate on the roadmap and priorities for the team, and help to unlock and unblock dependencies across the company.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Expertise in technical data tools and methods, including complex data analytics, descriptive and predictive statistics, experimentation, and data visualization.
- A deep understanding of data-driven decision making principles (e.g. goal-oriented analysis, hypothesis development, experimentation & testing, statistical analysis, and effective communication of findings).
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Knowledge of Fraud Risk systems and controls and their operating environments.
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large data sets and turning data insights into actionable recommendations.
- 3+ years of experience managing analysts and/or developers.
- Self-starter attitude to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Lead by modeling OfferUp’s core values, and set similar expectations of your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for non-technical and executive audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving ability in high-pressure situations.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.