Sr. Risk Data Analyst – Trust and Safety (In Office or Remote)
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
Due to the current pandemic, OfferUp offices are closed in Bellevue, Wa, and Miami, FL, and employees are working remotely until January 1, 2022. Once OfferUp deems it safe to open the offices, employees will have an option to continue to work remotely or in-office. All employees must reside in Washington, Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, whether working remotely full time or in an OfferUp Office location.
About the role:
Trust & Safety is at the front line of e-commerce done well. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every day. Our team is responsible for using data and tools to identify bad activity quickly.
In this role, you will use data and your strong business knowledge to supply strategic decision-making and performance optimization in the risk operations of our rapidly growing business. This role requires outstanding business analysis skills, effective use of large and complex data sets, excellent organizational habits, the ability to define and recommend solutions to complex problems, and excellent communication skills and follow-up. It’s a great opportunity to flex your analytic muscle in a dynamic environment where intellectual curiosity, analytic tenacity, and creative problem solving are highly valued.
At OfferUp, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. OfferUp Trust and Safety Operations is an integral part of a growing organization that values neighborly collaboration, passion, and inventiveness. You will help create the future of e-commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of OfferUp buyers and sellers.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Analyze unwanted user behavior and activity related to the listing, selling, and payment activities through the effective use of data.
- Find trends, correlations, and patterns in complicated datasets via data mining, trend identification, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, and impact assessment.
- Innovate and implement new ways to countermeasure risk behavior by defining, optimizing, and organizing risk tools to restrict questionable activity.
- Communicate risk trends and mitigation results via weekly reports, ad hoc write-ups, and direct engagement with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization.
- Lead moderate complexity projects, including collaboration with business unit and product management.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
Have Subject Matter Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant work experience in fraud, content moderation, policy, risk, or platform abuse.
Make Data-Driven Decisions:
- Strong SQL skills to query relational databases, bonus if you know Python
- Experience with data visualization in Looker, Tableau, or equivalent business intelligence tools
- Proven analytical skills and ability to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data-driven measurements
Have Strong Communication Skills:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex data and analysis to a wide range of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to influence and work with others
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners
Are a Team Player:
- Great team player who can be agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations
- Adaptable to ever-changing work environments and routines and willing to step in on another task if it’s outside of their planned workday
- Success depends on building rapport and credibility with different stakeholders.
Are a Self Starter:
- Approaches business problems with a sense of data-driven curiosity
- Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of stakeholders
- Ability with managing multiple tasks under strict timelines with meticulous attention to detail
- Creative thinker with “outside the box” solutions to challenging situations
- Demonstrates a strong sense for doing the right thing for our customers
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered on our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community, and our company’s values are centered on diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.