Senior Product Designer
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what’s nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp design team is looking for a highly experienced Senior/Principal Product Designer to bring fresh ideas and insights to help evolve the OfferUp experience. You are someone with a desire for creating elegant UX that delights our customers with simplicity – making them come back to OfferUp over and over again. Your designs will touch millions of users!
Role and Responsibilities
- Experienced creative UX Designer who creates compelling digital experiences through user testing, analysis, observation, information architecture, mockups, prototyping and interaction.
- 8+ years of design experience with the ability to provide guidance and lead by example to foster a culture of collaboration and growth.
- Obsessed with User Experience where you do the right thing for users.
- Solve user problems through design.
- You will have pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Being able to create user stories looking at business and product goals while translating usage data and real life interactions to simple and intuitive front-end experiences.
- Work cross functionally ensure vision meets solution.
- Critically minded, investigative, inspiring, convincing and with a can-do mentality.
- Ability to work with users and subject matter experts to define and understand audience behavior.
- Strong understanding of mobile application design.
- We are firm believers in agile principles – you must adapt to change, opportunity, and deadlines with ease.
- An expert understanding of your tools: Communication, Paper and Pencil, Whiteboard, Sketch 3, Illustrator, Photoshop, Marvel, InVision, Pixate, After Effects, or similar.
- Eligible to work in the United States.