Visual Designer, Marketing- Bellevue, WA
We’re assembling a team of world-class marketers who thrive on complex challenges and believe every asset is an opportunity to build the brand and drive results. On our way to building the simplest, most trustworthy local buying and selling experience, this position will be responsible for showcasing our unique value to buyers and sellers and creating a visually stunning, differentiated brand.
About the role:
The job of the Visual Designer is to work with the marketing team to communicate the values and priorities of the brand through its visual expression at key touchpoints. We are looking for someone with outstanding attention to detail, passion for craft, and an ability to translate a complex product offering to compelling marketing.
Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of agency and/or consumer brand experience and will thrive in a fast-paced environment by proactively seeking out input and feedback from stakeholders. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Please submit your portfolio with your resumé.
What we love about this role:
- Be a champion of the OfferUp Style Guide and help us create a consistent look & feel for the brand across marketing channels
- Present your work in design reviews and help non-creatives understand your choices; help us build a process for briefing, concepting, and developing design work
- Work with the PR, Communications, and UX Design teams to ensure a consistent experience across touchpoints
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Partner with your Marketing teammates to regularly evaluate and update email and social content (and bring a healthy appreciation for the power of those channels to enrich relationships with customers)
- Assist in building creative assets for digital advertising campaigns using existing creative templates, and develop new concepts and design approaches for digital channels
- Design high-priority presentations for members of the executive and leadership teams
- Enthusiastically take on ad hoc design and creative assignments for a range of applications
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- You don’t fear tight deadlines, and you love designing for multiple business applications
- You’re a great presenter, and you’re comfortable explaining your reasoning behind design decisions to groups both small and large.
- You don’t shy from criticism, and you’re able to balance and apply feedback from multiple peers and teams at once.
- You’re a pro at organization, with the ability to keep track of a project status in a somewhat unstructured review process
- You have a perspective on how brands can show up beautifully in inboxes, digital banners, motion graphics and social channels, and you want to help make OfferUp best-in-show in all of them
- You study the needs, mindsets, and behavior of your target audience, and you’re able to communicate with them accordingly
- 3-5 years experience at either a design agency, or as an in-house designer
- BFA or equivalent in Design / Visual Communication
- Advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled illustrator
- Familiarity with social media marketing best practices
- Can write some marketing copy as needed
Helpful, but not required
- You’re familiar with Figma, Sketch, inVision, Google Slides, PowerPoint or Zeplin
- You’re comfortable with motion design and animation
- You have a passion for photography
- You’re somewhat familiar with HTML/CSS
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.