Software Development Engineer II – Frontend, Data Platform (@Remote, Chile and Colombia)
About the role:
As a Frontend Software Development Engineer II on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for developing and deploying multiple features with high operational excellence. Your responsibilities will include everything from design, writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members and helping set up good coding patterns.
The Data Platform team is responsible for personalized user experience use cases as well as a data streaming platform. The team manages some of the highest TPS services within OfferUp. We have barely scratched the surface in terms of what we want to do and the possibilities are endless.
This role is only available outside the US and not available to any individual based within the US or any US territory.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- You will help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using front-end technologies such as NodeJS, React, and React Native
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across OfferUp to design and implement new features.
- Help maintain code quality in existing applications (mobile and web).
- Create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing mobile applications in a professional setting
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in Front-end focused Software Development (React Native, ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Good knowledge of Data Structures and Object Oriented Design
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility, client-side security, browser tuning, SEO, and optimization techniques/tools for multi-tier large-scale web architecture
design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- An insatiable desire and ability to learn
- You desire a fast-moving, continuous-flow development environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, bundler systems, NodeJS, Python, webpack
- Github repo with your code we can view
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.