Junior Software Development Engineer – Full Stack, Ads Team (@Remote, Chile and Colombia)
About the role:
As a Junior Software Development Engineer – Full Stack on the Advertising team, you will be responsible for developing and deploying features spanning our front and back end architecture with high operational excellence. Your responsibilities will include everything from design (working with our Product team, Business Analysts, and engineering peers), writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You will also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members as well as define and deliver excellent coding patterns.
This role is only available outside the US and not available to any individual based within the US or any US territory.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- You will help create and deliver new advertising experiences for OfferUp using both front-end technologies (such as NodeJS, React, and React Native) and back end technologies (Java)
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across OfferUp to design and implement new features
- Help maintain code quality in existing applications (mobile and web)
- Create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing mobile applications in a professional setting
- Experience with native development
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in Front-end focused Software Development (React Native, ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Experience with any one of the following – Java, Python, C/C++, Golang, Scala, PHP (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Object Oriented Design
- An insatiable desire and ability to learn
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with building highly scalable web services
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, webpack
- Github repo with your own code we can view
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.